Go Vegan!!

Have you ever heard something about veganism? It is not all about stop eating meat or milk. It's something way too bigger - a beautiful and healthy way of life. By talking to my neighbour Paloma, who is a vegan, I got really interested about this movement and way of life.



Read Paloma's testimony and know more about veganism!!

Hello, my name is Paloma Cabral Guimarães and on 28/07/2015 I became Vegan. I did not go through the transition from meat eater to vegetarian and then became vegan, I just decided I was going to rip of the bandaid and dive headfirst into veganism. And it was the best decision I made. Since then my health improved, I am slowly getting to lose weight and have more energy for my work and for the tasks of everyday life.

It was not an irrational decision. I spent a few weeks reading about veganism, watching videos on youtube, watching documentaries and lectures and decided that this was the way I wanted for my life. I'd always loved meat and cheese and thought I was not going to live without it, but my love for animals started to speak louder and my health was not at all good. I researched the health benefits. I thought if I could'nt leave the cheese because that was what I liked most so I contemplated just be vegetarian, but then decided to research about the industry of eggs and milk and saw that the suffering caused by these industries was even worse and completely connected to the meat industry.

I felt I was being selfish about not quitting cheese and decided I did not want to contribute in any way with the suffering of animals. As a child I was always in love with the animals and it had been a while that I'd felt hypocritical to say that loved animals as they lay there on my plate.
It were not difficult for me to adapt to the new lifestyle since I always liked vegetables, grains and fruits. I also learned that I can socialize, go out to dinner with friends or go to birthdays, just look for options that I can eat in restaurants and in the case of birthdays I eat at home before and I then I go. In the case of barbecues, I have the option of taking what I eat.

What many people do not know is that a large percentage of what we eat is already part of vegan food. I always liked to cook but I feel that in veganism can I become more creative in the kitchen, inventing and adapting recipes, and not have to eat only salad. Also I am always satisfied after meals.

Since I became vegan I have used my social networks as a form of activism, showing the dishes that I make, and showing people that it is possible to live well without contributing to the cruel industry. Many people have come to ask me about veganism after that and some even decided to become vegan because they see some of my posts.


And what about you? Thinking in going vegan too? You can learn more by visiting Paloma's blog, Lomis in Veganland.

See ya next post!! Go vegan!!

CONVERSATION

0 comentários:

Post a Comment

Back
to top