What I'm listening now - An artist you probably don't know

After I started using Spotify, I knew amazing bands and artists by following its suggestions, like Ave Sangria, Jorge Ben, etcetera. But nothing compares to Donovan and The Incredible String Band - two artists I most listen now. Though both only made a bit of success during the 60s, their music still so fresh to me - and how I wish that someone introduced me to them before, so I'm gonna do this with you right now. Met the amazing Donovan!!

Donovan

 
   This is Donovan Leitch - But everyone knows him Just by 'Donovan'.


He was a British singer, songwriter and guitarist. He developed an eclectic and distinctive style that blended folk, jazz, pop, and psychdelia. Some people would compare him to Bob Dylan, so he got the name of the "British Bob Dylan". But honestly, Donovan is way too better and cooler.


With the British folk scene, Donovan reached fame in the United Kingdom in early 1965 with live performances on TV series.
He recorded singles and albums in the folk vein, his most successful singles were the early UK hits "Catch the Wind", "Colours" and "Universal Soldier", "Sunshine Superman", "Mellow Yellow", "Hurdy Gurdy Man".

My favourite albums are: Sunshine Superman (1966) and Hurry First Man (1968)


He became a friend of pop musicians, like the Beatles. He taught John Lennon a finger-picking guitar style.





Donovan continued to perform and record sporadically in the 1970s and 1980s. His musical style and hippie image were scorned by critics, especially after punk movement.

These are some of my favourite Donovan songs:






Bye!! See ya next post!!



CONVERSATION

0 comentários:

Post a Comment

Back
to top